Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What Songs Get You Moving?

Hey Blogging Friends! Express Yourself is a weekly meme. It's goal is to help our fellow bloggers get to know one another better, to help motivate one another, laugh (or cry) together, in other words – stalk.

Aug. 10-14: What song makes you want to dance as soon as you hear it?

There are, of course, lots of songs that make me want to move my rump-shaker, but I would have to say there are different songs that do different things for me.

Like, Summer Breeze by Seals & Crofts and Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd make me feel like a little girl again, listening to it on my parents vinyl while my mom is cleaning the house.

2Pak, 69 Boys, Bones, Thugs & Harmony makes me think about my going to the teen clubs when I was in HS.

Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana gets me all nostalgic for a pair of baggie, ripped up jeans, and an oversized flannel.

HS holds so many good songs and memories for me, I think those are the songs which get me moving the most. The ones that bring back some really good memories.

What songs get you moving?!



3 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure what to put at first - so many songs. But then I thought of the one that always makes me want to dance... so much so that since I posted it on my blog I've done nothing but sing it and dance round the house to it.

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got lots of songs from high school too that always bring back memories. Lots of big hair band songs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!