Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Two Weeks of Express Yourself

Express Yourself is a weekly Meme hosted by my friend Jackie and myself. We do this every week to learn more about our fellow bloggers and so far we have met some very talented and wonderful people!

Due to Blogger problems I missed blogging last week, so this week I am posting last weeks question and this weeks question.

Last weeks Q: Whether watching a movie at the theater or at home, what's your go-to snack?

At the theater I usually get nachos and an ICEE

At home it's whatever tempts me. But usually it's just a drink.

This weeks Q: What is the biggest challenge you face socially?

I think the biggest challenge I face is not letting society or social media change who I am as a person. It's easy to get wrapped up in all the hoopla, gossiping, and social stigmas that thrive in this world. I try to avoid that and make my own decisions based on what I believe not what others want me to believe. And I try to instill these values on my kids.

Something I wrote and posted on FB yesterday:

"Left-winged or right-winged… sometimes I like to ride in the middle.
Lesbian, gay, bi, straight or undecided… you’re fine by me.
Sitting in a pew doesn’t define Church to me; I have it in my heart.
Black, white, brown, yellow, red… it doesn’t matter – they’re all beautiful on skin as they are on canvass.
If you need to label me, I’m a free-thinker. I know who I am."


Disclaimer: The above is only based on MY feelings... this does not represent all "free-thinkers" or how a free-thinker should be.

It's nice to be back to blogging again!

You all have a wonderful Wednesday... tomorrow I will blog my What's up Wednesday for this week... a little behind.

6 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back in Bloggerville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! :) Very cool answer to the social thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm- ICEEs... YUM!

    I love that little poem-type of stanza'd piece you did! It's SO important and difficult to stay true to yourself in the midst of a million different agencies designed to brainwash us into doing what they'd like us to do. That message of staying true to you is SO important.

    And I will echo everyone else here by adding: WELCOME BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, being yourself is important and I used to buy Jumbo Cheese dogs at the movies before they got too darn expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great FB post. Love that.

    So I have a Icee question for you. I love them and sometimes get them at Target. So a few weeks ago me and some friends took our kids to the movies. One mom was gonna be late, so I brought her kids with ours. She gave me some money which I used on snacks.

    Both kids got Icees, and yes movie theater snacks are ridiculous but I about crapped my pants after I heard the total (and paid). Those 20 oz Icees were $4.85. Each.

    I'm still stunned. Because at Target, I know it'd be under $2.

    Anyways, are your movie theater Icees that expensive?

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!