Wednesday, June 5, 2013

IWSG not IWSGG


Yay! It’s that time of the month again! Indiana’s Wild Slingin’ Gun’s Group!
No… I’m at the wrong place.
But the door said…
Oh, right… IWSGG is on the first Wednesday of every month during a Leap Year. My bad. Sorry. *secures pistol in holster at hip* *slides rifle in sheath at back*
Ok, YAY for Insecure Writer's Support Group! Hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosted by Sheena-kay Graham, Suzanne Furness and Laura Eno this month.
So this month let’s talk about how I haven’t written in months. MONTHS! And it’s ok, I’m not mad. Apparently I don’t have it in me right now. Don’t get me wrong, my mind never stops thinking about it. How my MC is going to get from one point to another. How I can sharpen a scene to sound clearer, more accurate – defined.
My current mind is on life. My four day weekend coming up. How my cousin’s wedding is going to go on Saturday. How I get to see a friend at said wedding and hopefully get to take some great pics. How my kids are going to end their school year this week. How my kids' summer is going to change now that my husband and I both work first shift. Should I finish my angels/demons wip or my Norse Mythology wip? Maybe I should finish the wip about the four kids, ages ranging 3 to 14, who have to survive in an apocalyptic world.
See my mind is an awful web I’ve weaved. Plus I’m reading this brilliant novel, The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle and I can’t put it down. Like is so crazy that I’m totally rocking 80’s hair cause I didn't want to straighten it. No joke people, no joke. It’s curly, it’s big and I have half of it pulled up. The only thing missing is a scrunchy and some biker shorts.
Don’t forget tomorrow…


16 comments:

  1. LOL Um... our posts are sort of similar... that's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cough* Glad you put those pistols away. Sounds like your life might be getting a bit wild ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sell yourself short, life is what MAKES good writing happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot going on! I totally know what you mean about thinking about multiple stories all the time and not knowing which one to focus on. Eventually they'll all get done. Of course then there will be a whole new group of ideas and characters filling your brain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love the bit about the scrunchy and bike shorts. Life is moving pretty fast for me too right now. These next two weeks are going to be absolutely bananas. But I'm really looking forward to summer and more time to write.

    Have fun at the wedding! Your stories will still be in your head when your ready to get back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rock the '80s hair. And I'll be checking back on the next leap year for the gun slingers:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think taking a break is a big help sometimes. It can help you fill in the missing pieces of your WIP, or just recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking breaks for a busy life is sometimes a welcomed thing. Good luck deciding which WIP to get working on though lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dilemma reminds me of that old, Chinese curse..."May you live in interesting times." :)

    Besides, nothing wrong with taking little writing breaks...sometimes, it's just the thing to recharge the batteries.

    See you tomorrow for the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you don't have it in you, you don't have it in you, and that's perfectly okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will return to writing when you're ready Dani. Best of luck with H & V tomorrow. And I would love to see a pic of you rocking that crazy hairdo.

    Blog: Queendsheena
    IWSG Co-host

    ReplyDelete
  12. And legwarmers! Mustn't forget about the legwarmers!!! ;-)

    Girl, I know just how you feel. Earlier this year, I edited the hell out of a WIP, hired an editor to copy-edit, now need to revise a chapter and part of a chapter (in addition to checking out and tweaking the other edits) and I'm just kinda...blah. I'm tired. But I gotta do it. God willing, I'll be able to focus when I get some time off, week after next. Gah. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like your life is wonderfully busy in the best way possible. That should prove quite useful when it comes time to write again.
    Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes you got to live life and hey it is all fuel for writing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay 80s hair and scrunchies! (I'm the proud owner of 2 dozen scrunchies.)
    I haven't written in 9 months. At least you have the excuse of real life things to do. My only excuse is I haven't found anything I really want to write about. Or perhaps I don't really want to write at all. I still try to come up with awesome ideas (I may have one now!), but the effort of actually writing it? Uh ... not really interested. Way too much trouble and not enough payback in my writing career thus far. So until something big changes, I'll just wander along, commenting on interesting blog posts like yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. IWSGG - LOL

    I have the opposite problem. I WANT to write--life just keeps keeping me from it. Gah!

    I miss 80's hair. ;)

    IWSG #123, until Alex culls the list again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!